Cold temperatures and extreme weather conditions can disrupt construction. This is why many home improvement projects are best completed in the warmer months, including window and door replacement.
Your local home improvement contractor, Roof Masters, discusses reasons summer is an ideal time to replace windows.
1. Better Weather – You don’t have to worry about the cold or rain getting into your home if you replace your windows in the summer. Cold temperatures affect how the caulk adheres, causing future problems with the seals.
2. Avoid Allergens – Many plants are pollinating, and insects are wildly flying through the air in the summer. Having efficiently sealed windows can keep these elements out of the house. At times, your HVAC system isn’t enough to keep the allergens from entering your home.
3. Improved Energy Efficiency – New, high-quality windows can significantly reduce heat in your home, which saves on cooling costs. Moreover, proper sealant around the windows prevents cold air from escaping. At Roof Masters, we only offer energy-efficient siding and window products. Our windows come with Low-E glass with argon-filled panes for more energy savings.
4. Sun Protection – Aside from reducing the heat, new windows are available in different coatings to lessen ultraviolet (UV) ray exposure, which can cause your furniture, flooring and other surfaces in your home to fade.
5. More Peaceful Environment – It’s home improvement season so construction noise is inevitable. Also, more kids are playing outside. Old, leaky windows can let all this noise into your home, disrupting your peace and quiet. You’ll be surprised by how much noise is reduced after installing new windows.
For high-quality windows, gutters and siding, choose Roof Masters. We only offer products that can help make your home more secure and comfortable. Call us at (888) 889-7551, or complete our online form for a free estimate. We serve homeowners in Rockville, MD.